Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blinds and Library Ladder are In

Finally I have privacy in my back hall, and a much darker bedroom. And the library ladder is a thing of beauty and a joy forever.

I've sorted my books into fiction and non-fiction. Within non-fiction, so far I've separated Judaica from all other stuff. Pretty soon I plan to subdivide fiction into at least two categories, and subdivide non-Judaica. The goals of the process are to be able to lay my hands on any book that I want in a few seconds, and to be able to browse similar books for other good reads.

Now that I have only a single box of stuff not put away (and a fairly good idea of what to do with it), I'm ready to put a toe in the waters of hospitality. I've invited a recorder-playing buddy over for duets. And I'm starting to think about throwing a house-warming/retirement party.

The top flat is all renovated and on the market; showings have already started, and I expect some applications within the next week or so. So it should be rented no later than the end of this month, and I should be retired no later than the end of next month. Yowza!

No comments: