Monday, March 23, 2015

What's Happening These Days

So, I finally more or less got over my flu/cold - writes she while blowing her nose and nursing a lingering cough.

At least I'm well enough to have participated in two previews/fundraisers for Pants: The Musical in the past ten days, with another one this coming Saturday (at 2 pm at Take 5 Cafe in Berkeley, on Sacramento south of Ashby).

These previews give us cast members opportunities to perform our backup singing and solos with the music in front of us while we are in front of small, appreciative crowds.

On top of which, we have a mini-talent show afterwards, in which I get to read some of my little writings to the same appreciative folks.

Which has helped encourage me to get back into sorting said writings into batches that might work together and be interesting.

I reunited all the pages and sorted them back into my original topics. And have put into chronological order those topics for which it makes any sense.

I'm thinking that my next steps will include reading through the topic groups, making copies of my electronic files that are also sorted into these groups, and further refining those groups by splitting up blog posts that combine materials that pertain to different topics.

In other news, I spent four hours last week training with a coalition of people who seek to reform Proposition 13. Prop. 13 was intended to protect aging homeowners from steeply increasing property taxes. However, it applies even more strongly to commercial property, and its effects have shredded government services that depend on property taxes and shifted much of the remaining tax burden from commercial property owners to homeowners.

Finally, I got back to a Leather Soles dance class/party yesterday. Great exercise, and today, after a nice hot bath, my legs have almost recovered.

No comments: