Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Office Clutter and Long Vacation

It's a good thing that I've been warming up by starting to clear out my home, because I just had to de-clutter and pack up the office in which I've been working for some 14 years. The company is abandoning that part of the floor and moving us into other offices.

My office was plenty cluttered. I filled four bins with paper to be recycled, and removed an assortment of other items in hopes that they'll find a good home elsewhere. I'll be moving to a nicer office with beautiful furniture and a much better view, and it should be lovely - once I unpack the eight bins and four carton boxes it took to accommodate all my books, papers, office supplies, and assorted stuff.

Today is the first of the thirteen consecutive days of vacation I'm enjoying at the end of this year. I have followed my usual custom of making a to do list of various chores, activities, and pleasures to make the most of the time. I'm also hoping to get a little flavor of what my hopefully imminent retirement will be like.

Merry Whatever!

No comments: