Friday, May 28, 2010

Long Time No Write

So, I haven't written a new post for a few weeks, since I've been so busy posting the old writings that I've been turning up in my decluttering efforts. Which, incidentally, are getting down to brass tacks - books and music. Considering each of the 2000 or so books that I own to determine which ones I'm willing to part with is something I've been putting off as long as possible. It would be simpler to go by categories, e.g., Christian books out, Jewish books in. But there are some Christian books that I couldn't part with, and some Jewish books that I'll never get around to reading. And how could I part with all my science fiction, or children's literature, or ...?

My books are the friends, talismans, security blankets, and source of stability about which I've written so often; how can I bear to part with a single one of them? I must try to console myself with the thought that others will be able to share their benefits if I let them go out into the world. But it's hard.

No comments: