Sunday, March 12, 2017

A Review



Last Sunday in Kensington, Mother Nature produced a weather concert of great power and scope. The sunshine was pure, bright, and clean. The sprinkling rain was delicate and only slightly annoying. Fortunately, we were mostly indoors when the downpour began, darkening the skies and pounding all over the church building with a volume that was as impressive as it was well-timed. After gray skies replaced the downpour, I asked myself, "Sun, sprinkle, downpour, clouds. What's next, hail?"

Then I saw many of my fellow musicians looking out the windows, and I joined them. Imagine my surprise; the ground was covered in marble-sized hail! The "rain" had been so loud because it was mostly hail.

Brava, Mother Nature! This was a tour de force that nearly upstaged the recorder orchestra concert we had come to the church to present.

No comments: